Thursday, February 11, 2010

Estoy in Espana

Heyllo,

So i made it to Spain. I do not have the internet in mi casa. La madre de mi case, se llama Yolanda. Trying to speak Spanish no es facil. Lo siento, if people have trouble understanding my spangles. Pero, mi familia y mis amigos tienen el internet mas bueno de mi. (better than mine). I do not know how often I will post because I do not have the internet and in general I´m bad at this sort of thing. The key board is set up differently than those at home, and so it is hard to capitlize or space things without hitting the wrong keys.

I really like my host mother. She is very nice. I don´t understand her about half the time, but my roommate speaks Spanish much better than I do and we have a lot of conversations. When we eat lunch, which is the main meal of the day, we talk about our sorts of things like our family, the customs in the U.S and the customs in Spain. We talked about smoking yesterday because everyone smokes here. I have my own room with a fantastic view of the city. It has a small balcony off of it. It´s very awesome. I can see a courtyard across the street which has trees that are growing lemons and oranges.

It has rained every day so far. which is triste, pero I´m very glad I brought an umbrello. And i hope those of you at home in the blizzard still have power and that ya´ll survive it.

I have to go home for lunch soon. I will send letters and post more some other time.

Adios.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful ! Can you take and post pictures ?

    You got out of town just in time. Whilst you are enjoying the warmth we are covered yet again in snow. All the major airports are closed and people are lining up to "get out of Dodge".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola senorita I like your spanglish. and by the end of the semester, I'm sure spanish will
    be much more muy facil. A room with a balcony
    and a view sounds great. I'm looking forward
    to reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your going to be having a very interesting time the next couple of months. Hope you have a blast and that you bring back many memories. Have fun!

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find your mix of Spanish and English to be quite adorable. Also, PIX OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!
    <3 Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Ian. And Amber. Adorable, and educational as I am now learning spanish through your posts (which is possibly a bad idea?). I hope things are still great and possibly more sunny. Happy Valentines Day <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, this is Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  7. This story accurately describes real life desires...

    wait what?

    Hope everything is well

    ReplyDelete